Metal Leaf Advanced Techniques
1 Day Workshop | $295
Cincinnati | August 10, 2012 | 9am-5pm
This course by Alison Woolley includes demonstrations and examples of various techniques of gilding and decorative techniques for gilded surfaces. It is useful for people who wish to gain an understanding of what historical water gilding is, the difference between the various types of gilding, and learn how to execute decorative techniques for gilded surfaces that imitate the richness of antique examples.
The class will consist of:
- Application and discussion of the various materials and preparations for gilded surfaces
- demonstrations with participation of various advanced techniques like water gilding, punch work, incising and decorating of gilded surfaces.
- preparing sample moldings and panels
- creating samples with gold size techniques that imitate the historical techniques demonstrated
Each student will create six samples (moldings and/or panels). Extra sample panels can be produced according to speed and desire of individual students to explore new techniques under the guidance of the teacher.
Included in the course are:
- molding and sample panels used in class
- patterns and photographs for at least two more projects to work on individually
- complete notes on the gilding techniques covered
- 1 book of composition leaf
Alison is a professional artist and decorator, owner of Florenceart.net, a decorative arts and teaching studio in Florence, Italy.
Alison graduated with honors after winning two scholarships from the Ontario College of Art and Design in Canada. She moved to Florence and worked 15 years under the guidance of Florentine master artisans before opening her own bottega in the heart of the artisan district. Florenceart studio specializes in restoration and the production of fine furniture finishes and decorative art for the interior design industry worldwide.